News Sports The Tattoo

Central ready to Rampage

Bristol Central Ram football players (left to right) Tim Washington, DJ Hernandez, Sean Whitman and Ramessis Santiago after practice last week. (Jen Plonski/YJI)

BRISTOL, Connecticut, U.S.A. — Classes might’ve started on Thursday, but for the fall athletes, school started weeks in advance.

Bristol Central High School cheerleader Tamara Martin working on her routines recently. (Jen Plonski/YJI)

Football players, soccer players and cheerleaders were out in full force last week practicing for upcoming games and other events.

Senior Tim Washington, quarterback and running back for the Bristol Central High School Rams is excited about this season’s team.

“Our team is going to do pretty well. We have a lot of seniors [and] a lot of leaders,” he said in the school parking lot after practice last week.

The cheerleaders were down the hill on the track field getting their routines polished.

While others practiced a cheer, one of the squad members seemed confused. After watching awhile, she caught on and the whole team executed it perfectly.

“See what happens when you come to practice?” said Debbie Dubrowski, the Rams’ satisfied cheerleading coach.

Those who come to see the games this fall will no doubt see whether that practice paid off.

Jen Plonski and Mike Nguyen are Reporters for Youth Journalism International.