Insider's Guide to High School The Tattoo

Cheaters risk their future

LLANRWST, Wales — In high school you will have to take many exams that aim to see how well you know what the teachers have taught you.
You have already taken many exams, but in high school you are going to have to continuously revise material you have gone over in class if you are to succeed.
If you prepare a timetable and follow it well in advance, you shouldn’t have any problems come the day of the exams.
So, in the last days before that deadly geography exam, don’t cram in everything at the last minute because you will confuse yourself. It is a recipe for disaster!
If come the morning of the exam you have failed to revise your work, whatever you do – do not cheat.
You might think you can get away with scribbling down some important points on the inside of your pencil case, or use your watch as a calculator for that tricky math question.
Perhaps you didn’t remember an important quote that could come in handy in that English exam? Instead, you decide to write it on the desk before you begin – once again, please don’t.
You will take your final grades with you for the rest of your life and most often you will need to show them when you are applying for work.
How would you feel if you had an A for an exam you completely cheated on?
Maybe that quote you scribbled down before the English exam secured you an A by a mark, and now your employer can be impressed and hire you for that dream job?
Don’t think it is a petty thing to do, because cheating can have very serious consequences.
What would your employer think if he found out he employed a cheating trickster?
Perhaps you want to impress your family with the straight As you had?
It is far better to have a weak grade – and disappoint your family – knowing you honestly tried your best than to have a top grade by cheating.
If a teacher catches you cheating, your exam will most likely be ripped up, you will be given a mark of zero, not only for the paper you cheated in, but for all exams.
You could even face suspension.
Was it worth the risk?

John Elfed Hughes is a Reporter for Youth Journalism International.