Movies Reviews The Tattoo

Home for horror

Port Jefferson Station, New York, U.S.A. — Normally when you see Ryan Reynolds, best known for his movie Van Wilder, you would picture a comedy. However, his new movie is anything but.
This movie is the first good horror film I have seen all year. During the movie I was breathing hard and constantly jumping.
Reynolds is part of an amazing cast in the new film, The Amityville Horror, a remake of the 1979 film.
Reynolds is accompanied in the film with actors of all ages playing his family members. Melissa George plays his enduring wife, Kathy Lutz. Jesse James, Jimmy Buffet, and Chloe Moretz all play the Lutz’s children who are living in the house with them.
This film is based on the true story of what happened when the family moved into this now famous Long Island house.
What they didn’t know is that five savage murders happened in the house the year before. Ronald DeFeo, Jr, the son of a wealthy car dealer, shot his parents, brothers and sister with a rifle there in 1974.
No sooner are the Lutz’s all moved into the house than they begin seeing horrible things.
The characters even begin changing as they live in the house, specifically Reynolds. His eyes grow dark and his attitude grim. He becomes a different person in the house.
Though I’m from Long Island , I have never actually seen the house. After seeing the movie, I will continually steer clear of it.
If you are looking for a good scare, great story line, awesome images and eerie details then make sure you check out The Amityville Horror.

Monica Gleberman is a Reporter for Youth Journalism International.