News Photo Essay Photography Top

Pride offers fun, food and information

Hayle Bourgoin, left, and Anna Finley celebrate at the Lewiston-Auburn Pride Festival. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

Lewiston, Maine, U.S.A. – The Lewiston-Auburn Pride Festival, now in its third year, is now an annual event for many residents.

The festival, which follows a short parade, celebrates equal rights for all citizens regardless of sexuality or gender.

The photos here show scenes from the event shares games, food, performances, and awareness initiatives with the public.

Ryleigh Emmert is a Junior Reporter with Youth Journalism International.

A display showed many different types of flags embraced by the LGBTQ community. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

An explanation of the flag used by the Human Rights Campaign to advocate for equality for the LGBTQ community. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

People at the Pride festival relaxed near a performance stage and some even found some shade under the trees. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

Jennifer Barnes, left, and Heather Turner offer “free mom hugs” to those at the Pride festival. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

Many local organizations, including Kayden’s Kitchen Food Pantry, set up tents at the festival. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)

Food trucks drew hungry customers at the Pride festival. (Ryleigh Emmert/YJI)