Photo Essay Photography Travel

Spring Is Blooming In Lahore, Pakistan

One of the many displays at Race Course Park in Lahore, Pakistan. (Arooj Khalid/YJI)
LAHORE, Pakistan – The arrival of spring season brings joy for many. Hundreds of flowers bloom to create an atmosphere that feels like a blissful garden of heaven.
Race Course Park, on Jail Road, always stands prominent in celebrations to welcome the season with festivals, fairs, flower decorating contests and exhibitions.
Managed by the Punjab Horticulture Authority, this year the visitors to the park found themselves on grounds fully adorned with colorful and fragrant flowers.
The free exhibition was open for the entertainment of gardening enthusiasts as well as regular citizens. Some came from far away to see the wonderful display by their skilled gardeners and some found it as a surprise.

Either way, it was beautiful and captured the real joy of spring. 

The flowers seemed to smile and dance with the visitors who cheerfully took photos and praised the flowers. 
Events like this not only provide entertainment, but also inspire people to take an interest in horticulture and gardening.
It’s a pleasant escape from the mundane routine of life. 
Arooj Khalid is a Senior Reporter for Youth Journalism International.