Fix Notices

Update On YJI’s GlobalGiving Campaign

There is less than an hour left of our April Challenge at GlobalGiving.org and we are pausing for a moment to say thank you.
We made the GlobalGiving required goal – $4,000 in 30 days from 50 unique donors – by the middle of the month, thanks to generous contributions from students, alumni, parents of students, readers and other friends of Youth Journalism International.

Thank you to everyone who helped us meet that goal! At this writing, we have 64 donors and contributions totaling a magical (if you’re into numbers) $4,444.

Since then, we’ve been focusing on getting enough Facebook shares to win a $300 bonus, which we are on track to collect.

We’re still a long way from our own goal of $40,000, but we know we’ll get there.

Because we met the requirements set by GlobalGiving, we have earned a permanent spot on its high profile charity website. Our project will remain there until we make that $40,000, so please, don’t hesitate to continue to contribute or direct your friends there. We will also gratefully accept donations through our website or by the traditional check in the mail.

Youth Journalism International students are doing great work and we need a lot of support to keep going and keep growing.

Our own students got us off to a wonderful start by giving us photos of themselves, videos and comments to share with people who might be unfamiliar with YJI. If you haven’t seen them, please take a look.

YJI was lucky to be able to kick off our first major online fundraiser with a party at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford, one of our favorite places and certainly an important place in American and literary history, never mind that it’s a really cool place.
Our kickoff reception was made all the better by generous donations from Hall’s Market, Hubbard’s Florist, Trader Joe’s and Big Y.
We got terrific help from friends and family who helped us set up, pour the punch and cut the cheese.
Alumni made a point of being there, and we even were able to include students from Egypt, Canada, England and Scotland via Skype.

It was a great party, but only the beginning of what we can all do, together.