Perspective Video

Young reporters visit oldest amusement park

Student reporters Mugdha Gurram, Luke Ashworth and Alan Burkholder of Connecticut and Dawit Leake of Ethiopia in front of Boulder Dash, a top-rated wooden roller coaster at Lake Compounce amusement park in Bristol, Connecticut. (Beth Criado-Band/YJI)
What are the roller coasters at America’s oldest amusement park really like?
Youth Journalism International Senior Videographer Beth Criado-Band of Perth, Scotland, decided to find out by asking a couple of experts – her fellow reporters during a recent visit to historic Lake Compounce in Bristol, Connecticut. Check out her video of their day at the park, and find out what they said about the coaster:

More on YJI’s 2017 visit to Lake Compounce:

Video: Restoring the Wildcat at age 90
Lake Compounce General Manager Jerry Brick explains to Youth Journalism International reporters about the restoration done this year
on the Wildcat, the park’s historic wooden roller coaster.

Read reporter Luke Ashworth’s top reasons why the water park Crocodile Cove is one of the coolest places at Lake Compounce.

Reporter Mugdha Gurram offers 10 tips for how to conquer your fears and ride that coaster.
Reporter Dawit Leake shares his first amusement park experience as a visitor from Ethiopia, sampling everything from high speed coasters to a gentle water ride.
***

Running a small non-profit is like a roller coaster: thrilling, but with lots of unpredictable curves.

Your gift helps giveYJI students a smooth ride. Thank you.

HelpYJI.org