Christmas Holidays Photo Essay Photography

Christmas In Iowa

Three of the Christmas cards I made for my friends in front of my Christmas tree. This year, I set aside a lot of time to make everyone in my life cute little Christmas cards as a small gift. (Laura VonKampen/YJI)

A Santa hat on a railing in my family’s home in Atkins, Iowa. One of our family traditions is to open one gift from Santa Claus on Christmas morning, and this hat reminds me of all of the warm and happy memories from years of doing this. (Laura VonKampen/YJI)

My cat Lumpy playing in a string of Christmas lights while we were putting the Christmas lights up on our tree. (Laura VonKampen/YJI)

My family’s stockings on the mantel above the fireplace in our living room. When my siblings and I were little, my parents bought each of us our own individual stocking with our names embroidered on it. (Laura VonKampen/YJI)

My living room at night this December. One of my favorite things in the world is being able to turn all of the lights in our living room off and sitting and enjoying the illumination of the Christmas lights. I also love how a reflection of our Christmas lights can be seen in the window at night.(Laura VonKampen/YJI)