Opinion Reviews

Tech review: Try ‘Help Steps’ to support charity

ISTANBUL – Imagine being able to convert your daily steps into support for your favorite causes in two minutes. Must be a dream, right?

I am glad to say, with the Help Steps app, it’s now reality. People are able to donate to charities by just watching one advertisement.

Nowadays, when walking is advertised everywhere, many take long walks for their health. Turning this into a beneficiary for the needy is insightful and exemplary.

Simply put, it’s a win-win situation. It encourages you to improve your health by encouraging you to walk more. At the end of the day, your step rate will determine the amount of donation that will go to the charities.

I know many people wish to donate, or help, but may not know how to do it. Help Steps is the best opportunity to give that can be done anywhere and whenever.

The app also recommends more than 10 different running communities to join and share with others.

Animals rights organizations, child education, nature, social causes and those struggling with diseases are some of the beneficiaries that you can help with this app.

Here’s a short tutorial on how to do it.

• Once you download the app, the amount of steps you took that day will appear on your screen.
  • By clicking the “convert” button, you have to convert them first by watching an advertisement.
  • Then you will choose your charity type from many options.
  • Steps will turn into donations when the goal is reached.

From this application help is being given all around the world. But it can be also said that this application is not as well known as some. It’s the kind that a relative or a friend recommends.

When my aunt introduced me to it, I knew everyone needed this. I then decided to turn this into a daily routine, just to find out the joy of turning the steps you have achieved on that day into help for others.

You must try it once to feel the peace it gives you before going to sleep every night.

I strongly believe Help Steps should be shared, recognized and used.

Join and help the world recover day by day, step by step. Take more steps for your health and convert your steps into support for causes you care about via Help Steps.

Beren Deniz Öcek is a Junior Reporter with Youth Journalism International.