Movies Reviews The Tattoo

Twilight movie fails to match the novel

Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. – As a big fan of author Stephenie Myer’s Twilight Saga, I was ecstatic when I heard that the movie was coming out.
I was even more excited when I learned that the film was being shot close to my hometown of Portland, Oregon.
For those of you who have never heard of the Twilight Saga, I guess I should fill you in.
Twilight is the epic love story between Edward Cullen, a vampire, and a teenage human girl, Bella Swan.
It all starts when Bella moves to Forks, Washington to live with her dad, Charlie, after her mother gets remarried.
Bella falls in love with Edward and that was it. They were the perfect couple. But soon complications arrive.
A small group of nomadic vampires make Bella the target of their sick game, putting Bella and her new family in jeopardy.
The question is, who will survive?
Twilight is probably the most anticipated movie of the year.
I have to say I was impressed with the performances of Kristen Stewart, who played Bella, and Robert Pattinson, who played Edward.
It was clearly difficult for the filmmakers to depict the characters so beloved in the books onto the big screen, especially in a way that would impress avid Twilight readers.
In the end, seeing Twilight in the theater wasn’t everything that I hoped it would be, but what movie is better than its book?

By Brice Birdsall is a Junior Reporter from Oregon with Youth Journalism International.